Ants are a common problem our pest controllers manage at this time of year as the sun supercharges ant activity. With the changes in temperature we’ve had recently you may find ants are attracted to your bins or food sources inside your house or business. Ants carry disease and dirt due to what they’ve previously walked through, so it’s important to get rid of them if they are inside your property.
Here are some top tips for keeping ants out this summer:
1. Keep your surfaces clean. Ants feed on sugary food residue long after you’ve prepared and eaten your meals. Carefully wipe your surfaces down with an antibacterial spray to remove the trace of food in your kitchen.
2. Empty your indoor bins regularly and if you have full bin bags before bin day keep them as far away from the house as you can, ideally in an outside bin with a heavy lid. Ants are foragers and once they find a food source they use hormones to let their friends know where they can find food too.
3. Find out how the ants are getting into your property- perhaps a small hole in a wall or window seal- and fill in the gap to keep the ants out.
4. Cover up any food in your property that might be of interest to ants- particularly sweet foods. Use Tupperware or freezer bags with seals to keep ants out.
5. Call our trusted team of pest controllers on 01908 299518 when you need help with ants. Our pest controllers use fast, effective insecticidal treatments which can’t be bought on the high street to kill off the whole ants nest. We recommend calling us rather than using home ant extermination products, but if you do use them please be extremely careful, especially if you have pets or children.
We know how unpleasant it can be to have ants in your property. If you’ve tried our top tips and haven’t had any luck keeping ants out call our reliable team of pest controllers on 01908 299518 today or click here clicking here and our pest controllers will be in touch shortly.